Shipping between canada and Alabama
Shipping Between Canada and Alabama
Canada and Alabama operate a a near-equal trade relationship, with a variety of goods moving between the two regions daily. Alabama is home to 131 Canadian-owned businesses, employing close to 9,000 workers. Alabama has a thriving automotive industry, with six auto manufacturers, including Toyota, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota operating assembly plants in the state. Vehicles are the largest export of Alabama, with approximately $1.5billion worth of automobiles exported to Canada annually.
Canada imports approximately $3.4 billion in goods from Alabama annually. Canada’s biggest import is automotive/transportation goods at 49%, followed by equipment/machinery at 21%. Other imports include chemicals, forest products and plastics. Canada exports approximately $3.3 billion in goods to Alabama annually. Canada’s biggest exports are minerals/metals at 24% and equipment/machinery at 22%. Other exports include automotive, energy and forest products.
Common Types of Shipments Between Canada and Alabama
- Automotive Parts: Canada holds a prominent position in the automotive industry, producing various automotive parts and components. Alabama, is home to several automobile manufacturing plants. Shipments of automotive parts from Canada to Alabama are common for the assembly and manufacturing process.
- Machinery and Equipment: Both Canada and Alabama have substantial industrial sectors that require the transportation of equipment and machinery. This includes machinery in manufacturing, agriculture and other industries.
- Raw Materials: Canada is rich in natural resources, such as timber, minerals and oil. These raw materials are commonly transported to Alabama for processing and manufacturing purposes.
- Agricultural Products: Canada is a major exporter of agricultural products. Primary exports include grains, meat, dairy and seafood, which are often shipped to Alabama.
- Aerospace Components: Canada and Alabama both operate aerospace industries, shipments of aerospace components and materials occur between the two relgions.
Overall, Canada and Alabama operate a relatively small trade relationship, but it comes with important impacts on each regions economy. The automotive trade in particular plays a major role in this, with the continuation of this expected moving forward.
Looking to learn more about transportation? We are always open to answering any questions! Reach out to us today through firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 519-213-1000!
-The Team at Wood-Hall Logistics